Announcement emails are a great way to initiate the communication as they are efficient, professional and can cover a big part of your database.
- Include a short, straightforward and easy-to-understand explanation about what Open Finance is and why you need this data.
- Develop the email with what Belvo is and its benefits focused on your user base. Feel free to use the benefits provided in the strategic section of this guide. Users care about how they will benefit from Belvo. Try to explain it clearly and without the need for end users to visit the FAQs page.
- Use your brand and combine it with our approved guidelines in the brand section of this guide. Consistency between the email look and feel and the onboarding process is key to building trust.
- Include Links to FAQs and customer support for those users that have doubts or want to know more. It is normal that some users require more info.
- If possible, segment your user base and provide relevant Call To Action of How to connect their credentials and what the process is.
- According to recent research, creating a series of emails is recommended 2-3. 1 before the official launch date and 1-2 on the launch day and some days after open finance is live in your funnel
- Pay extra attention to your subject line, recommended ones below.
|Subject line recommended structures (ES)|
|<YOUR BRAND NAME> y Belvo se unen para ofrecerte la última tecnología financiera.|
Empieza a beneficiarte del Open Finance desde hoy con Belvo.
El Open Finance nos trae todavía más opciones.
|Subject line recommended structures (BR)|
|<YOUR BRAND NAME> e a Belvo se unem para oferecer a mais moderna tecnologia financeira|
Comece a se beneficiar do Open Finance hoje com a Belvo
Acesse ainda mais opções com o Open Finance
This is recommended messaging that can be adapted to each case.
Mention Belvo during the onboarding educates the user on what to expect. Take advantage to position your company as a leader using the latest and safest technology like open finance through our partnership.
- Include Belvo in the steps to complete the registration and onboarding of your product. Example of the flow:
- Open the app.
- Introduce your personal information.
- You will be asked to connect your banking data through our partner Belvo. We use the latest and safest technology with Open Banking so we can give you a response quicker.
- Once the connection is confirmed, you can expect your credit offer in XXh.
- Provide access to the FAQs section from the email where the user can find more information about Belvo.
- Communicate the value of Belvo from a user point of view. Feel free to use the recommended benefits of your user case included in the strategic section of this guide.
- Post-connection communication: once the user has shared their credentials, make sure that they receive a confirmation email with what is going to happen and what they can expect.
From traditional alternatives to Open Finance, asking the user for financial and banking information like their credentials is a friction point so it is likely that you experience a conversion drop off. We recommend to re-impact the users that started the onboarding but did not complete it through different channels, including email. These are the best practices for re-impacting through email:
- Include a short introduction of why you need this data.
- Focus the email on the benefits for the user.
- Include the safety points in the email. They are provided in the strategic section of this guide.
- Apply the same best practice from before:
- Include Links to FAQs and customer support for any doubts. Some users might want more info.
- Use your brand and combine it with our approved guidelines. Consistency between the email and look and feel and the onboarding process is key to building trust. Feel free to use imagery attached.